Cheapest car insurance in Arkansas

When you live in Arkansas, the car you drive must have the minimum insurance coverages. Driving without insurance, like any other state is illegal and can lead to not only being fined some pretty hefty fees, but you can have your car impounded, and lose your driving privilege altogether.

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse; you must be covered in Arkansas just like anywhere else in the America. The regulations are very simple and clear, you can find them in your Arkansas Driver’s manual available at any DMV.

Arkansas car insurance requirements state that you must carry, at the minimum, bodily damage, property damage, and coverage for medical expenses, or PIP (Personal Injury Protection).

Arkansas’ bodily damage requirement, which covers harm that comes to a person physically because of the accident, is $25,000 per individual per accident and $50,000 for everyone involved in the accident in the car that you hit or other physical entity.

Moving on to property damage, you have to carry at least $25,000 in insurance to repair the car, or whatever else that your car collides with. It is important to make this distinction because many people are not aware of the fact that car insurance is not just for when you hit another car.

The final requirement that was indicated above is the PIP that you must carry. This benefit pays regardless of who is at fault, unlike the other two mentioned coverages. This covers medical, hospital, and even funeral expenses that may be incurred due to the accident. These costs may occur anywhere within 2 years of the accident. Many times a person is not aware that they have been injured in the accident, due to high adrenalin levels. When these taper off, the aches, pains, and discomfort become readily apparent.

If you ride a motorcycle, the requirements are different. For one thing, you are not required to carry the medical benefit. Also, your insurance company does not have to offer you uninsured motorist or UM coverage.

Arkansas Department of Insurance
Arkansas Motor Vehicles Department

Comments are closed.