It is no surprise that residents of Newark, NJ pays some of the highest auto insurance rates in the country. There are couple of reasons for why this is so, but more importantly we will show you what you can do to lower your rates significantly so that your ownership of your vehicle becomes less of a burden to you.
If you look at the crime stats of all the major cities in the United States, Newark would be among the top 10 or 20 cities along with Camden and Elizabeth of New Jersey. So naturally when you have crimes, there is bound to be property damages along with personal damages for not only the people involved in the crime but also the innocent bystanders. Thus, most insurance companies jack up the rates to cover the anticipated losses in the areas of high crime rates. So what can you do to get affordable nj car insurance if you a resident of Newark, NJ you ask? Obviously you can ask everyone to commit less crime just to reduce your rates. But, if you do one or more of the below listed suggestions, you are bound to get quite a bit of monetary relief while sending out the checks to your insurance company.
1) Drive safely – If you are or become more safer driver, expect to see tremendous savings over a period of 2-5 years.
2) Take Defensive Driving Course – Most auto insurance companies give 5-15 percent discount on your auto insurance rates if you take this course. I believe you can take this course once every two years.
3) Drive Less – When possible, take public transportation in order to driver less. By driving less you are less likely to get into an auto accident and more likely to keep your premiums lower.
4) Get an anti-theft device – Having installed one of these devices reduces the chances of your vehicle stolen, thus keeping the rates lower over a longer period of time.
5) Comparison Shop – Not all insurance companies have the same rate for everyone. Some companies tend to insurance high-risk drivers whereas other car insurance companies tends to insure only the lowest-risk drivers. Only way to find out which company will provide the best rate is to do a comparison shop at sites like ours. Simply enter your zip code above to get started and see how much you can save today.